søndag 6. september 2015

Metal sculpture


I have just started making sculptures out of metal sheet. I start with making a mockup out of cardboard. I am using the cardboard pieces as template to make the metal sculptures. This one is made in Balestrand (Norway) where I had a artist in residence program this summer. (July 2015)

I named this one "The Tourist" as I got inspired by the behavior of the tourists who came to visit Balestrand. Most of them were taking pictures all the time and it seemed like they didn't remove there iphones from their face even for a second. "The Tourist" is twisting, working hard to take the best picture ever.

It is 180 cm tall.

This picture is taken just before an exhibition at Galleri Ramfjord summer 2015.

Photo: Elisabeth Ramfjord

Work in progress. This sculpture is all about balance and gravity. I found the steel some weeks ago in mountains of scrap metal in Hokksund (Norway)

finish work
160 cm tall


Blacksmith project in Wales
30 cm tall

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar